Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

It Feels Like Home To Me

I had a few hours to myself with just Abby at home yesterday.  I was tidying up and organizing a few things in the kitchen, when all of the sudden, my house felt like home!
We moved into our house a year ago in August.  At that time, I was very pregnant and tired and the thought of unpacking was depressing.  I must say, I haven't done anything to the house.  Pictures were hung on nails that already existed and aside from the kids rooms, no painting or personal touches.  I was organizing my recipe books on the bakers rack and putting out a couple knick knacks that have been shoved in a cupboard when an overwhelming feeling of home hit.  Now I just want to get out the paint and make it mine.  But that will have to wait until after Christmas.  :-)  I know what colours I want and they are going to be bold and bright!  Just have to find a sitter for the kids for a day or so.

1 comment: