Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Meyham Called Halloween

It's now November 1st, and Hayden is going to hopped up on candy for days.  This was the first year that he really "got it" regarding Halloween. 
We had been trying to figure out what he was going to be for a bit and for the longest time he wanted to be a monster truck.  My creative juices starting flowing as I mentally tried to figure out what he would wear.  I figured he would be a monster truck driver and he was ok with that.  Then Gramma, the life saver she is, bought him a Thomas the Train costume.  It was a big hit and he wore it for days.
It was cold last night, but the costume allowed for easy wear of a snow suit underneath.  They did about 20 homes or so and he told dad he had had enough.  They got home around 8:30 and he was SO tired. He asked me to tuck him in bed RIGHT NOW!
I remember the thrill of Halloween.  Dumping out the candy, putting it in piles, seeing just what loot you got.  I hope my kids get the same thrills.
But I must say, I do have a couple Halloween pet peeves, but my biggest one last night was a couple that have a baby not much older than Abby.  They were collecting candy for her, and dad was even going to the door while the baby was in the stroller.  Come on, don't try and tell me you let your 1 year old eat candy!  Get off your wallet and buy your own.   Some people.
Well, now that Halloween is over for another year, it's time to start thinking about Christmas....hmmm...have I been naughty or nice this year ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment