Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Getting The Crafty Urge

I have been checking out craft inspired blogs for quite some time now...ok, since about November when I suggested to my mom that we do some crafts and put a table in at the 2011 Keene Pumpkin Festival.  So, I started out looking for Fall/Halloween crafts, which then merged into Christmas crafts and other fun stuff.

Here is my custom made Christmas Card holder


I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, this when completed.  And so simple.  I went to the local Re-Use store and picked up this frame for $2.00  I liked the rustic, peeled paint look (plus, I was so eager to do this, I didn't want to take the time to sand and paint...I'm lazy like that, just ask my mom)  Then, I went to Michael's, picked up some garland and holiday craft picks.  I stapled fishing line on the back of the frame, 3 rows per section.  Then, I stapled and hammered the garland on, inserted craft picks, dug out some old bells and added ribbon.  The skate was my favorite addition.  Mom gave it to me last Christmas and I wasn't sure where to put it, but this is perfect.  I just added some mechanic's wire (my husband's profession does come in handy for more than just fixing cars on the cheap) and VOILA!!!  In total, it took me less than an hour to complete and then I just had to wait for the cards to start pouring in.

For the new year, I have a number of crafting ideas on my mind, but I will wait to post info when I get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment