Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bickmore Family Circus

There are days where I feel I am the ringmaster of a 3-Ringed circus!  However, the show mostly goes on without me!  There is no controlling it, no matter how hard I try!

What parent hasn't felt that a time or two.

Most Wednesdays feel like that to me. It's the day I am home with the kids and it's hectic from the time I get up until they go to bed.

I was talking to mom on the phone by 8:15 this morning.  Actually, I called to see if she wanted to visit.  WHO WAS I KIDDING??  The kids were already crying.  I kid you not...I actually said at one point:

"Hayden, just take your shirt off and give it to Abby to play with!"

I then said to mom..."It's not normal to say that in a household is it?!"

Abby has a fascination with clothes.  The minute Hayden takes off an article of clothing, Abby has grabbed it and is either trying to put it on or just wrapping it around her neck.

In one instance of my circus, Abby is walking around with Hayden's dirty underwear on her head, left over toast crusts in each hand, taking a bite with the left, sharing with the dog with the right, then sampling the same dog drooled crust!  I just went to the kitchen and attempted to empty the dishwasher before she came in to help!

It's exhausting at the end of the day, but funny just the same when I think about it later! My only comfort?  Every family has days of an untamable circus!

Tell me, doesn't this have trouble written ALL over it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment