Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Transformation Begins....

If you recall from a previous post, I showed a little sampling of the paint colour I picked for my kitchen.  It's fairly unique and you certainly won't find it in every one's kitchen!

This past weekend was spent painting and touching up.  Once you have children, painting has a whole new spin to it.  Brian and I started Friday night once the kids went to bed.  He taped and together we cut in the corners and around all the trim.

At this point, I was a tad concerned
There IS painter's tape on the trim
TOTALLY matches the paint colour
By the back door
Your view when you walk in the door
All in all, I like the colour.  It's bright and cheery and once I get to put the finishing touches on it, I will be even happier.  The final house tour will have to wait.  Notice the ugly floor?  High on my list of things to change.

Also, a BIG shout out and HUG to my darling hubby who worked extra hard to finish this. He got up Saturday morning at about 4 am to put on the second coat before the kiddies got up! I snoozed until about 8!

2 comments:

  1. What a neat colour! I look forward to seeing all the personal touches you're going to add.

    ReplyDelete