Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nair Away That Hair!

I forgot....I LOVE NAIR!!!

We bought some a couple years ago for Brian.

OK, let me explain....Brian shaves his head and I actually haven't seen him with a bit of hair in the 8 years we have been together.  At some point, he decided that instead of shaving his head, he would Nair it.  So, we bought the type for coarse hair and slathered it on!!  Problem was....we were living at our old house and didn't have a shower...just a tub.  Why would that be a problem you ask?  Well, Brian was afraid to get into the tub and just wash it off in fear that the residue in the water would remove ALL of his body hair!  I was only joking when I told him it would!

Anyway, we washed it off in the sink and it didn't have the desired effects.  So, for anyone who has used it, knows it's expensive stuff!  Not to see it go to waste and the fact that I HATE shaving my legs, I decided to give it a whirl!  I LOVED IT!!!!  Easy peasy!  Longer lasting then a razor shave.

It got packed up when we moved, shoved into the back of a cupboard and totally forgotten about until I was going through the cupboard this week.  BINGO!!! I mean, my husband is coming home....should probably shave those puppies!  I wasn't sure if the active ingredient would still be "active" but it didn't let me down.  Now, that is the way to shave...slather the cream on and sit and watch TV for 10 minutes.

Then, I got thinking....have you ever read the warnings on the back of these products....this is part of the warning on the back of the nair bottle:

"Do not use around eyes, in nose, in ears, on breast nipples, perianal or vaginal/genital areas."

I always laugh and wonder why they need to use these warnings...should common sense not dictate that warning itself?

This is how I imagine the conversation in the head of the person responsible for the warnings.

"Wow, that worked great on my legs...hmmm...Nair removes hair....and I have hair down there...so, let's put Nair down there and make it bare!"

Sorry folks, hope I didn't offend anyone who actually had that thought process...I was just impressed with my wee little "ditty".

Anyway....if you haven't Naired away the Hair...give it a shot!

1 comment:

  1. I have tried stuff like that in the past, but the smell was so bad I stopped. Are you telling me that has changed?

    ReplyDelete