Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sheesh!!

This is another one of those stories about the joys of having a son.

How many of us married women look at our husbands...and go

"wow, they are just little kids in big bodies"

They do things that make us shake our heads in disbelief. 

I remember when Hayden was about 2 and we were visiting my mom.  For no reason, he took off and ran headfirst into the fridge.  We commented then how men are idiots from birth.

I tease and say when a woman is pregnant for the first time and people ask if this is her first child, instead of yes, she should say, "no, I'm married!"

For those of you who don't have little boys or perhaps I am just blessed, but penis fascination starts young!  From the time he was first able, Hayden had a hand on it whenever possible.

I never thought an everyday saying in my house would be:

"Hayden, get your hands out of your pants"

Jeeze, I have even had to say it at the dinner table a time or two.

If he doesn't have at least underwear on,  you won't have to worry about it being exposed...his hand will be covering it.

I clearly remember walking into the kitchen one afternoon, Hayden is standing there with his pants down and says:

"Hey mom, look.....it's big!"

*Sigh*

I'm used to it and I don't make a big deal about it.  We do discuss how touching our "parts" is something that should be done in the privacy of our bedrooms, however that is still to kick in.

Tonight, he is in the tub with Abby and they are playing with these little cups we have....only slightly larger than a shot glass, just to give you some perspective.

What does Hayden do?  Not what Abby does...she fills it with water and dumps it out repeatedly.

Hayden takes the cup and hides ALL of his "boy parts", and says:

"Hey mom, look, I made my wiener disappear!"

Oh my goodness!  Too funny really!

So, to any of you who do not have kids yet....consider yourself warned if you have a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment