Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lucky Me!

Aside from a nasty case of the flu this Christmas, I did get some awesome gifts that tickled my toes and excited me to the core!

First off, my hubby gave me a very nice family ring.  It was a surprise and something I have wanted for awhile.  Guess my hinting paid off....also guess this means he really is done having kids :-)  I would post a picture, but I can't get one worthy of such a nice item.

He also gave me a waffle maker.  I have also wanted one of those for awhile, but my desire for one was only increased once I saw online that you can make more than waffles, like brownies or cakes in them!  I love myself a multi-purpose item!

My parents treated me pretty well too!  I suppose I will always be their little girl and they will spoil me at Christmas.

They got me THIS baby!


I have wanted a stand mixer FOREVER!  But the price tag turned me away...there is always something else to spend the money on...like food!

Friday, I decided to put both my mixer AND waffle maker to use for dinner.  I knew I had some whipping cream in the fridge that needed to be used up.  I also remembered that I had strawberries in the freezer.

What I love about this mixer....I just poured in the cream and sugar, turned on the mixer and when I came back:


It works great...it's just harder to lick the beater now! (yes, I did try!)

I boiled up some berries on the stove and thickened them and got set to making waffles.

First off, let me say....they are WAY better than pancakes.  Pancakes are not my favorite by any means, but the waffles have a bit more "stuff" mixed into the pancake batter and just taste different.  And it's faster than pancakes too.

This is what they looked like hot off the press:


And this is what it looked like once I topped it all off with the whip cream and strawberries. And might I mention...the fat girl here was the only one to top them with the yummy stuff...well worth it let me say!


No comments:

Post a Comment