Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

An Award For Moi?

In case you didn't know, you are now reading the blog of an award winner!  And you thought you didn't know anyone famous!

Ok, well, you still don't, because I don't suspect this award will bring me trophies, money or commericals, but hey, it is NICE to be recognized.   It makes me feel appreciated and happy to know that people care about what is going on with my "Adventures In Everyday Life"

I was happily checking up on my last blog post...seeing how many people checked it out and if anyone left me any comments.  Lo and behold, there was one comment, from my dear friend, Bonnie.

She awarded me with the Liebster award.  Tell me more you say!


 Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:

 1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.

2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.

4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

I have chosen some worthy recipients.  By no means do I expect them to continue this award, but it is my way of telling them I enjoy reading their blogs and anxiously await for their updates.  If you have a bit of time, please scroll on over and check them out

I only picked 3 instead of 5, first off, because my reading list is pretty short and half of them are sponsored blogs...and picking them is both against the rules and not fair anyway!  Secondly, one of the other ones I would have picked was Bonnie's and this game could go on forever if we just kept picking each other.


  1. reel-focused - blog detailing the adventures in film school as experienced by my cousin's husband!
  2. The Garretts - a dear friend who challenges me to be crafty!
  3. Dorisdale Farms - the local farm where we get the BEST corn each season!
And finally....5 random facts about me that people may not know.

  • I have a secret obsession with the TV show, Supernatural.  I watch the same episode twice a week, own the DVD's and wish monsters were real so the Winchester Brothers would save me!

Proof that I am not crazy nor 12...who wouldn't obsess!


  • I always thought I would have HOARDS of kids and stay home with them, then I had 2 and decided that was enough and going to work is necessary each day!
  • If my parents were not alive, I would be living in the Yukon.
  • I am a leader for our local weight loss group...which I lovingly refer to as my "fat group"
  • Give me a good book and I will ignore everything else...household chores, children, you name it...mostly I read Paranormal Romance.  All because of my girlfriend who got me started on them, but I thank her everyday I pick up one of my "smut" books 

No comments:

Post a Comment