Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mom Challenge - Day 23, 24 & 25

Day 23

Replace sarcasm with kindness.


This one is a toughie...only because anyone who knows me well, knows that sarcasm IS my personality and I come by it honestly from my father. I try not to be too sarcastic with Hayden during the week.  He is generally too tired to deal with it and it ends up just upsetting him.  Abby takes everything in stride.

Day 24

Do not interrupt your child when he/she is talking.


This challenge comes pretty naturally to me.  With all the speech issues we have dealt with over the years with Hayden has taught me this. We never rushed his speech or finished his sentences for him, but instead waited for him to "map" it out.  He still gets a bit delayed sometimes.  He he is very excited or passionate, he tends to "stutter" a bit.  For him though, it is more that his mouth needs to catch up with his mind and until that happens, he will repeat one word numerous times.  Abby is so much easier to understand and because of Hayden, I don't struggle nearly as much with her.

Day 25

Ask your child's opinion sometime today.


We are getting ready for a baby shower this weekend and I painted a "welcoming" picture on the front window.  I asked Hayden what he thought of it...did I do a good job?  Thumbs up from him! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment