Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Mom Challenge - Day 8 & 9

Day 8

Calculate how many weekends are left until your child graduates from high school.


Hayden - 680
Abby - 714

At least it didn't make me calculate how many weekends until my kids no longer think I'm awesome!  The number would have been much smaller.

Day 9

Picture yourself at your child's age.  Try to remember how you felt.


This is Hayden now:

Age 5


This is me at about the same age:


This is Abby now:

Age 2

This is me at about the same age:


Can you see this one thing in common in each of these pictures?  Happy smiles!  I like to think my kids are pretty happy and for the most part, my childhood was pretty happy.  I knew I was growing up in a home that was full of love and support.  At Abby's age, I don't really remember feelings, I can with Hayden's age though.  I LOVED being at home, I never wanted to go to school from day 1.  I was much happier to just stay at home with my mom and play with my toys.  Granted, school pretty much sucked for me my entire life, but I wouldn't have known that then.  Home was safe...and that is what home should be to kids right?  

I do also remember being scared.  My mom was sick a lot and I was scared she was going to die.  It was scary to go and visit her in the hospital.  Luckily for me, I had a wonderful grandmother who treated me like gold and loved me just as much as my mom did.  She did a great job in making me feel secure without my mom.  

Not to say my father was absent or not supportive, but he did have to work.  He is just as responsible for making my childhood as happy as my mom!

I love my parents like my kids love me....but I am old enough now to once again think of them as awesome!










No comments:

Post a Comment