Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Our Very Own Graduate!

Tuesday was a pretty big day around here.

Hayden was graduating from Kindergarten.  There was a big ceremony planned for 6:30 that evening and he couldn't stop talking about it.

First off, might I say....since when did Kindergarten become a "graduating" event?  I know that no one made a big deal back in my day!  And let me tell ya!  They should have!  Given the fact that I managed to go enough days to quality for graduating was cause enough for a parade!

I digress...back to my boy!

We had a quick supper and had him at his class for 6:15 to join the rest of the graduates in getting ready.

They all walked in, Hayden looking his complete goofy stuff.  The principal said some great things and made me realize how special this event REALLY is!  No more safety of the kindergarten section of the school, no more close supervision in the little playground, no more bathrooms in the class.  From September on, he will be in the big field, lost in a mountain of children.  Makes a mom weepy!  Then his teacher got up and spoke and made me even weepier!

The kids had been practicing a song with their music teacher for quite some time. I know this for a fact, as Hayden had been singing it and trying to teach it to me for MONTHS!

In my typical, let's not plan ahead for ANYTHING, fashion.  I didn't go through the photos on the camera to ensure there would be enough room to record and photograph things on this big night.  But don't worry, I still did manage to capture some of the events.

Here is the group singing...it cuts out near the end, which is what made me realize I had to clear up some space for the ACTUAL graduating stuff.  I thought I had taped a whole bunch more, but I guess not.  Missed out on the cutest parts..but if will still give you a dose of A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!  If anyone reading this HAS a full version of it, I would love a copy PLEASE!!!


The next little video is of Hayden going up on stage to collect his diploma!  As you will see, the poor kid got so confused where to look!  He knew where we were sitting, but Grampa also moved closer to the stage to get some photos, so the teacher was pointing him in 1 direction and he was looking at us!



The rest are just some nice candid photos.

The teacher also put together such a nice photo slide show of the year.  I must admit, it brought a tear to my eye.  The main reason being...2 years ago, I never in a million years thought he would be on that stage!  He had such a hard go of it and then it finally all came together...even less than 2 months ago, I was trying to decide if necessary, would I be willing to keep him in back in Kindergarten another year?  But, this kid is a miracle worker I tell ya...within that last month or so, somehow it once again all clicked and he surprised both myself AND the teacher by being at the appropriate reading level for the end of Kindergarten!  Wowzers I tell ya!  Such a relief to hear that!  Between his teacher last year and this year, they helped shape him to be the student he is today.  I really do give them most of the credit.  The daycare surrounding have made a big impact too I feel!

So, with no further ado...here are some more random photos...please enjoy what this proud momma posts!



by far...my FAVORITE picture...he looks so happy!

Hayden and Mrs. Fife
This poor, wonderful teacher climbed up and down
those stairs to redo this photo with multiple
kids...this was the end and the best I could get out of Hayden!

Our sad attempt at a family photo..ah..such is life!


No comments:

Post a Comment