Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We Survived Another Year!

Nope, my family did not succumb to some sort of Apocalypse  but I did brush up on "The Walking Dead" for research, you know just in case we got over run by Zombies or something.

It's been busy...like no time for myself, don't go to bed before midnight each night, busy!  I'm not complaining, just stating fact and the reason for my lack of blogging.

But it's a new year and I want to get back into it.  For me, it's a way to journal the events of my life and my children's lives.

But as is customary at the start of a new year, I need to share my resolutions.  I make the same ones each year, the typical, get healthy and lose weigh ones, but this year, I have added a new one.

Each time I do my big grocery shop (every 2 weeks) I will spend $10 towards food for the food bank. I have said this before but not actually gone through with it.  It's something simple and cost effective I can do to make a big impact on the lives of others.  I am lucky!  Both my husband and I have secure jobs with the money to allow us extras like dinner out and a woman to clean my house on a regular basis.  We throw out servings of food each day because I have cooked too much or it wasn't as tasty as I had hoped.  In the back of my mind, as I do this, I am aware that there are people out there that would be so grateful to even have half of the food I throw out available to them.

So, are you looking for something simple you can do?  Why not try this one out with me!

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Amy
    I have said it before... but you and I are destined to be best buddies forever!
    This is an awesome resolution to add on to the "usuals".. and I hope you stick with it!

    BTW - the challenge is on!! By summer I will look fantastic in my new tank top!! ;)

    ReplyDelete