Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Design Help

So, I have decided to take on a small project and I need your help!

A little back story

When Hayden was about 2, we got a little wooden playhouse from my boss.  It was his daughters, but now that she was older, they no longer wanted it and gave it to us.

It's a cute little house and at our other house, we had built a little stone pathway up to it.  We never painted it because I liked the rustic wood look.

When we moved to our current house, the playhouse came with us.

It has sat in the yard for the past 4 years, pretty much untouched and not played with.  Perhaps I never really paid it much attention because I was just waiting for a little girl to want to make it home.

I now that that little girl and I feel she is the perfect age for it.  With that being said, I have also decided that it's time to paint it and I need help picking out colour combos.
Here it is as it currently stands in the yard:


 
 
The inside is not very big...probably big enough for a little table and chair.  Perhaps a baby bed.
 
 
This is the picture I first saw that inspired me and was my colour combo of choice until Abby said she didn't like it:
 

 

Here are the samples we picked (sorry, the quality is not very clear)

 
This first one is pretty much the colours in the inspiration, the pink, sage-like green and yellow.  I would keep it the same....most of the house yellow, pink posts and trim and green roof.

 
This one is a bit more bold....orange, blue and red.  I would paint the house blue, trim red and roof orange.

 
Now, the colour is WAY off on this one, but from left to right, lime green, plum purple and turquoise.  I would paint the house green, the trim purple and the roof turquoise.
 
So, yesterday Abby wanted it blue and orange...today she likes the pink and yellow.  So, basically, I can't leave it up to the 3 year old  My heart is pulling towards the girly palette....what do you think?  Would you do something totally different from what is here?

2 comments:

  1. I would go with the first theme....IT is soft, and girly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the dainty girly colors. The pastels to me just look faded, and with the sun might fade more. My choice would be the bolder second set, except I would trade in the orange for purple!

    But I'm sure whatever you pick will turn out awesome!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete